What's new

BW Nature project (Pic Heavy)

40737016 1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
1,142
Location
Sussex
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,
I set myself a project to photograph nature in Black and White.

I normally only take colour pictures but I wanted to see if I could compose nature images that dont really need the colour component:
1
_JBO4014BW1.webp


2
_JBO4022BW1.webp


3
_JBO4099BW1.webp


4
_JBO4122BW1.webp


5
_JBO4131BW1.webp


6
_JBO4137BW1.webp


The processing is quite deliberately high contrast to emphasize the bokeh in the background.

All comments are welcome.

NOTE: I noticed that the camera details did not appear. The pics are all crops of 14mm wide shots taken at AUTO ISO and F4 aperture.

CHEERS
JBO
 
You did great. I love high contrast though it doesn't work for everything - but it looks wonderful in this set.

Terrific work!
 
You did great. I love high contrast though it doesn't work for everything - but it looks wonderful in this set.

Terrific work!
Thanks for that :)

This was just an experiment and I am quite pleased with the results.

_JBO3872BW1.webp


I think I went a wee bit over the top with this one but I would love to know what other forum members think of it.

NOTE: Why did the photo data come up on this one and not the others???


CHEERS
JBO
 
Thanks for that :)

This was just an experiment and I am quite pleased with the results.

View attachment 290258

I think I went a wee bit over the top with this one but I would love to know what other forum members think of it.

NOTE: Why did the photo data come up on this one and not the others???


CHEERS
JBO

I don't mind this processing, but to my taste the midtones should be pulled back a bit. The overall effect right now is a bit flat.

But that's just my two cents.

I can't say why the photo data didn't show on the others. :icon_scratch:
 
I don't mind this processing, but to my taste the midtones should be pulled back a bit. The overall effect right now is a bit flat.

But that's just my two cents.

I can't say why the photo data didn't show on the others. :icon_scratch:
I see what you mean.

I will try another edit and see what comes out.

CHEERS
JBO
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom