Black and White Portraiture - Rebel XS - C&C please

I hope I don't offend you, but you're plenty pretty enough. Also, how are you converting them to B&W, by the desaturation tool, or directly in grayscale? Also again, I think you'd get better tonal range by cutting back on the contrast.

I hope I don't offend you, but you're plenty pretty enough. Also, how are you converting them to B&W, by the desaturation tool, or directly in grayscale? Also again, I think you'd get better tonal range by cutting back on the contrast.

Thanks ^_^

I use mainly monochrome in the Canon Raw adjustment but sometimes I desaturate in Paint Shop Pro too.

Thanks ^_^

I use mainly monochrome in the Canon Raw adjustment but sometimes I desaturate in Paint Shop Pro too.
First of all, as I am not your father, there is no reason to thank me.

Second, you should try working the contrast and exposure until you get as much detail as possible in both the highlights and shadows without making the photo look blah. And, please don't go by what you see in today's movies or TV. They are just trying to save money on lighting.:grumpy:

Nice work on the black and white heroicloser - What settings were your camera at in that Coke can photograph you took? Looks very cool.

Don't be silly, you're absolutely beautiful. I think the comments were more directed towards the edits (which I think you've discovered). :)

I agree. You are a pretty girl. Beautiful eyes.

I like your pics, too. Don't have much in the way of critique, as I'm still learning myself.

Nice work on the black and white heroicloser - What settings were your camera at in that Coke can photograph you took? Looks very cool.

Can I tell you? Sure!
Exposure: 1/40 Aperture: f/5.6

Also, thanks to all the people taking the time to look at this topic and also those who critique, it's much appreciated.

Most reactions

Back