Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

Did this work - this is not the result of PP, but of underexposure (deliberate). What do you all think?

4783774204_71d92482cf.jpg

I definitely like the look.....my eyes are drawn right to the birds. Only down fall is the birds are to small and are hard to recognize. Can you zoom in any tighter?

I definitely like the look.....my eyes are drawn right to the birds. Only down fall is the birds are to small and are hard to recognize. Can you zoom in any tighter?

I tried to zoom in a bit more (well, a crop) - I still wanted the bit of rock they were on to show, so i tried cutting the guys on the left...but I liked their reflections...

...or I could lose the rock...

I'll have a look, but either way, thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
I like the way you treated this image as well, except in the cropped images, your white, large, poorly placed logo is a total distraction.

Maybe post one without the logo...promise not to steal your photo. ;)

I like the way you treated this image as well, except in the cropped images, your white, large, poorly placed logo is a total distraction.

Maybe post one without the logo...promise not to steal your photo. ;)

Ok...I know YOU GUYS won't pinch my photos - you have enough great photos of your own! :D
It the Flickr "community" that bothers me...if I want you all to see the original sizes of my images for Critique purposes, I have to make them downloadable by ANYONE who comes on flickr! Not good.

So, anyway...here you go...original image, no writing (it's not my logo, it's just there to discourage stealing - It doesn't go on any of my "actual" prints.

4784345630_6744d3f4cc.jpg

i like the middle, maybe a bit more foreground (rule of thirds kinda thing)

Yeah, the rule of thirds...I thought about it, and I looked at the "line" of gulls and saw that it was sloping sort of from the lower third on the left to the upper third on the right, so in the middle crop, I kept it like that.

Thanks for your thoughts, though. Much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back