What's new

Black on Black

the sooc lighting is pretty good. nice work setting that shot up.


I like the full reflection, only 'cause it looks like an E lol, first letter of my name.

actually I don't really like it, except for silly reasons. I do like your 2nd edit though...with the shadow toned down.
 
the sooc lighting is pretty good. nice work setting that shot up.


I like the full reflection, only 'cause it looks like an E lol, first letter of my name.

actually I don't really like it, except for silly reasons. I do like your 2nd edit though...with the shadow toned down.

Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated. It took a little bit of time to set up. 1 light and 5 shiny cards/mirrors

I chuckled once I saw the E after you mentioned it.

Not sure if all smooth is better or to keep the imperfection...
(I'm going with smooth since the rest is all smooth)
 
Last edited:
The one you like (refection turned down) is just stunning. Good work. This is not an easy set up to master.
 
The whole reflection would fight with the product ....keep it how you posted it.... nicely done
 
I really love the first edit. It was immediately attractive without me needing to sit down and disect why. The edits with full reflection really take away from the photo. Great job!
 
Would you mind sharing your lighting setup btw?
 
Would you mind sharing your lighting setup btw?

1 light with a softbox directly above the stapler. I then placed mirrors around the stapler in specific areas to just create the fine white edges. I don't remember the placement of the mirrors, but just go try it yourself and you will learn quite a bit, I know I did
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom