Black rooks flying

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well the thing is.... i kind of like this shot (wish it was sharper) because of the experience i had when finding this really (i mean really) random, isolated opening in farmland forrest. I took a load of rooks by supprise as they were ground feeding and mananged to capture their takeoff. I usually like to use B+W for birds like rooks and crows to give that gothic look, but with this i'm not sure cuz some of the wing detail gets lost on the ones that are in the forground.... what j'rekon?

birds.jpg

birds2.jpg

I am a huge fan of b/w, but I think the color is better here. The bluish tones really highlight well. Try this just to see if you like(if you use PS). Add hue/sat layer>desaturate -100>OK>set layer mode to overlay.

Great action shot BTW, you captured it well.

Thanks crawdaddio, im always open to suggestions. i'll give that a go when i get time. cheers :)

Colour for me in this case.
The blue hue their feathers get in a certain light is an extra to this very photo that you should not foresake. We immediately imagine black birds when we hear "crow" or "rook", so the blue is a surprise here. Something to make you look for longer.
Plus the colour version does show more detail since the birds are better highlighted.

Thanks v.much for the comments guys. Think i do prefer the colour one now, just wish the background wasn't so distracting. well at least i'v decided! :)

i'm a b&w freak by nature and love that version, but i must say the blue stands out nicely :thumbup:

nice capture!

Im gonna go with the colour one on this. Cool capture.

Most reactions

Back