black scoters

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
went down to the waterfront on Puget Sound this afternoon, hoping to find some surfbirds i'd heard were loitering in the area. didn't see them, but this pair of black scoters, male and female, made an appearance, which was the highlight of the day, as i hadn't even seen one before, much less gotten decent photos. they came in relatively close - probably 30-35 yards - and i was able to get some nice images. they hung around for about 10 minutes and then disappeared...

Good job! I love these photos!!!

Nice shot I have ever seen one! Will they be there in May.

Very nice.

Good job! I love these photos!!!

Very nice!

Nice portraits.

WesternGuy

great captures.

Nice shot I have ever seen one! Will they be there in May.

thanks, guys! Larry, these will probably be long gone by May... they're not common around here anyway, and since they breed in the far north, they will likely be gone from here by April at the latest.

We will be in the area in May for 2 week, hope to get some birds shot. Can you recommend some area.

We will be in the area in May for 2 week, hope to get some birds shot. Can you recommend some area.

there are several good spots, depending on where you'll be and how much driving you want to do. let me know where you'll be staying, and i'll give you some places to check out... :)

Most reactions

Back