Black&White Challenge: Frog's Eye View

Culvert:

T4HWYxS.jpg

hobo frog rides the rails

As I was out and about I came across a frog, walking the rails, belongings wrapped at the end of a stick over his shoulder.

"Frog," I asked, "how is it that you're walking and riding the rails?"

"Climate change," he replied, "my swamp has dried up and I'm looking for somewhere wet."

I got low to see things from his perspective.
I had trouble getting back up.
That happens sometimes when you try to see things from another's point of view.
Sometimes you can't go back to how things were.

Almost all of my cameras and lenses come from thrift stores or gifts. Super wide angle lenses are rarely found in those places or given away. The kit zoom that came with my K S2 goes down to 18mm. Pentax designed backwards compatability into it's bodies but new lenses won't operate on older PK mount bodies.

In order to fool the DAL 18-50 DC WR RE (and may I add PIA, I really don't like this lens) it first became necessary to stuff it on the KS2 and focus it at a distance that would give acceptable focus from 1 ft to infinity at its min aperture of f22, then meter for the shutter speed. All this was necessary as focus and aperture control is not coupled mechanically to the Chinon CE-5 body I used.

Warmer out this week but doubt if any frog would venture forth, even if the greenhouse was a pleasant 8c today.

CE5-1-004es.jpg

CE5-1-005es.jpg

CE5-1-003es.jpg

....don't think frogs get glaucoma, lens is more happy on a crop sensor camera.

This is just for a laugh as I know it doesn't really match the brief but I imagined a frog getting looked at like this.

Attachments

• IMG_7505.jpg
    IMG_7505.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 153
Really creative shots gk.
By the way, what is your name?

Thank you, both my Fuji cameras and 18-55 mm lens are gradually abandoning me, it's still possible to take pictures, but only with a high ISO setting, everything is just 8 years old, but relatively little used. By the way, I don't know if I'll continue with Fuji, don't even feel like investing a lot of money in whatever camera, a bit over-saturated after more than 50 years of photography madness, I guess. Call me Gerard instead of gk, I happen to listen to that too...

Frog just off to the office

Attachments

• IMG_7542.jpg
    IMG_7542.jpg
    954.5 KB · Views: 135
Thanks John
The brief said a panoramic view, that's why my caveat :)

Nice contrast

Thanks John
The brief said a panoramic view, that's why my caveat :)
I read it as using one's widest lens. gk, the originator's posts aren't panoramas.
Perhaps I'm mistaken (I often am about many things).

Most reactions

Back