Black&White Challenge: Round

grab the appropriate amount and....
tenor.gif

Totally cool seedling thingies! Hope it's OK to ask in this forum ... Just got my first full frame - D750 and kit lens - have no idea what lens(es) to complement. It used to be so easy in the film days - a macro, wide angle, a couple of telephotos and my darkroom. What did you use, and how is everyone getting such super-dark contrasts?
Thinking you're not trolling, I'll give a straight answer.
Well, it's not different now from what it had been. Same types of lenses are used now.
Most folks use various software to edit (develop) their photos.
Adobe has Lightroom and Photoshop.
There is also Affinity Photo and Luminar.
Google is our friend when it comes to learning what is available and how to use what is available.
Hope that helps a bit.

Totally cool seedling thingies! Hope it's OK to ask in this forum ... Just got my first full frame - D750 and kit lens - have no idea what lens(es) to complement. It used to be so easy in the film days - a macro, wide angle, a couple of telephotos and my darkroom. What did you use, and how is everyone getting such super-dark contrasts?

For the most part, the lens focal ranges are the same, though the angle of view is different for the DX cameras. My walk-around lens for the D750 is the 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5. I also have an older 105mm f/4 macro, the 50mm f/1.8 and a 24mm f/2.8 when I want to go wide. Also, in the bag, are a 35mm and a Vivitar 75-205mm that came with a Nikkormat I bought a while back.

I'll typically bump contrast in Lightroom.

Most reactions

Back