Blast from the Past

All of my photos from before Jan this year are gone but I took this back in March. I feel I have greatly improved since then but still trucking.
$image.jpg

I took this within weeks of buying a K1000 in 1993 - my first proper camera. I still remember the morning I took it. It was snowing and I was waiting for the roads to clear a bit before I went to work. It had just stopped snowing and the morning light was streaming through the windows onto the piano. I took at least half a roll of that piano. There are two other ones that I really like better than this one and I know I still have them but I haven't tracked them down yet. Still, this was definitely in the top five from that roll.

$Piano and wedding photo resized.jpg

$9641523372_a1f41ac30c_b.jpg
If I was to take it again, I'd compose properly, sort out the lights at the back, get some more vibrancy on the flame

I was young and romantic in 1976.

Joe

$ducks.jpg

This is as far back as I can find without digging into film boxes -- 1973.

Joe

$bear_crk.jpg

Just a snapshot of the way we were back in the mid 70s. We kept Ducks, Geese, Chickens & Pigs when our kids were growing up. Here is wife Jeanne with some goslings.

$Mother goose.jpg

This is from early 2012, so not that long ago, but I had very little experience with a DSLR at the time (used it very infrequently for the year prior) and limited camera experience in general. I re-edited it about two months ago, I think.

DSC02971 by longm1985, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back