Blog Topics

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I went and did it. I finally started a blog on photography. A great way to reach out to people and a great way to clarify my thoughts and goals and direction.

What I would like to ask is "what topics would you like me to cover in my photography blog?"

Here are topics that I will not discuss however:
  • Gear (including what lens should I use? what camera should I get)
  • Copyright issues
  • Anything that one can easily find on google
What I would like to talk about is:
  • Inspirational Photographers
  • Ethics and implications of retouching
  • Marketing and going pro
  • Education
  • Fashion and Beauty photograph
Oh yes...and my blog the Pictures matter

Here are topics that I will not discuss however:
  • Anything that one can easily find on google
Oops. So much for having a blog then, because it's all out there on the Internet.

A lot of what you do intend to talk about is subject matter most beginners won't be seeking.

Oops. So much for having a blog then, because it's all out there on the Internet.

A lot of what you do intend to talk about is subject matter most beginners won't be seeking.
So everything is futility?
There are way too many blogs catering to beginners anyway. *cough*Ken Rockwell*cough*

I think you have some great start topics there. And I agree with you that there are too many 'beginner' blogs, posts, etc.

So everything is futility?
There are way too many blogs catering to beginners anyway. *cough*Ken Rockwell*cough*
Fair enough! :lmao:

You need padding around your images.

I'd hire a professional web designer.

Also, didn't you say that there were no benefits to a FX sensor in another post of yours? Why are you shooting with a D700?

A D3100 should suite you just fine.

I never said that there were no benefits to a Fx sensor. I said that an Fx Sensor is underwhelming compared to a 4"x5" large format.

I suggest you write about what you enjoy writing about. Something you're annoyed by, something you want to preach about.

If I were to write a photography blog, which I'm not, I'd write about getting people out of the green rectangle, and into the priorities and M. I'd preach about people actually learning the art of using their SLR. Buying an SLR just to use it in A is a waste, imho, and proves just how little the majority actually knows.

I never said that there were no benefits to a Fx sensor. I said that an Fx Sensor is underwhelming compared to a 4"x5" large format.

OH, so the benefits of a FX sensor are underwhelming compared to something that's impractical to shoot.

I get it. :er:

I suggest you write about what you enjoy writing about. Something you're annoyed by, something you want to preach about.

If I were to write a photography blog, which I'm not, I'd write about getting people out of the green rectangle, and into the priorities and M. I'd preach about people actually learning the art of using their SLR. Buying an SLR just to use it in A is a waste, imho, and proves just how little the majority actually knows.
HI Compaq, Thanks for the advice. The Majority is often wrong. I would consider talking about the benefits of shooting in "M" classified under beginner subject matter. Aperture isn't all bad when needing to get a quick shot provided your subject isn't predominantly light or dark.

O Hey Tyler,
Who is the determinant of what is practical and what isn't? Perhaps a 5D MkII is impractical for some and for them the iPhone4S is more than adequate.
Maybe this is a better avatar for you:
troll+face.jpg

I love how some people have the ability to ruin anything. The overwhelming snob attitude is very off-turning in any way.

The youngsters better do on their own, not to ask around this block of cool kids, because I could not imagine how much of The mean clique some photographers actually are.

Cheers and find some fun in what you so called love to do.

Last edited:
Which is good because I have absolutely no intention of catering to beginners. Anyway, my blog is on Hiatus. Most of the comments were from spammers wanting to show off their webcam sites so I've decided to put my time into more useful pursuits.

Most reactions

Back