blooms

spiralout462

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The roses and others are blooming their heads off right now at my place! There are so many this year you can smell them when you open the back door. As pretty as they are I find it a challenge to capture flowers in ideal conditions.
rose 3 for tpf.jpg
flowers for tpf.jpg
rose for tpf.jpg

I worked in News for 22 yrs, I now use my photography skills to take pics for me, friends & art's sake.
My mother unexpectedly died a few months ago, she made a point of no flowers, but to for friends to use $$ for women's charities & clubs..
I made sure to post framed photos of her favorite flower: yellow roses & then also included a few other flowers that I have had luck growing & shooting..
fc941c6b15d68ae20cae102fd94ec078.jpg
fb186e9bf115294a622a02640799a92a.jpg
652518c07cd1c178367f0bdab9a32215.jpg
2b6a2149467f5082e44c59740b77efe8.jpg
e73df2b1cfb4aea41ac53834e846bbf1.jpg
4d4203d88fda2ce0b864789cb5d2922d.jpg
b70acb32d93cce8b23b03ee95b2bcd75.jpg

318faa104115440729a7f87996e18281.jpg

Enjoy, they make me smile on a such a dark day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm responding here to the OP. These are well done, a little overprocessed for my taste, but that's kind of subjective. The one thing I would change relates to cropping. They are all cropped pretty tight, with small parts of the flowers cropped out on one or two sides, but with at least a little bit of space on other sides. I think they would work better if cropped more evenly. For example, in the first, I would crop about the same amount of the flower on the left and right, even though this would crop a little of one spider leg, or you could stop just before the leg, and that would still work better than as is.

I'm responding here to the OP. These are well done, a little overprocessed for my taste, but that's kind of subjective. The one thing I would change relates to cropping. They are all cropped pretty tight, with small parts of the flowers cropped out on one or two sides, but with at least a little bit of space on other sides. I think they would work better if cropped more evenly. For example, in the first, I would crop about the same amount of the flower on the left and right, even though this would crop a little of one spider leg, or you could stop just before the leg, and that would still work better than as is.

Thank you for taking the time to share your insight. I really do appreciate it! They are processed much more than my usual work, but that's just what I was feeling at the time I guess. Thanks again for the great tips! They are always welcome, especially from great artists and long standing members like yourself. This hobby is definitely proving to be more challenging and more rewarding than I ever imagined.

I agree with the comp suggestions. Otherwise I like the shots.

I know it's cliché but they sure are striking!

yellow flowers for tpf.jpg
yellow flowers 2 for tpf.jpg

Most reactions

Back