Blue Arch (nighttime)

Very nice . Great shot. Exquisite color! I was wondering how do you keep the lights from producing the star burst effect?

I would love to see a scooter or motorbike travel through there on a slower shutter. The headlight might get more light into the lower right.

no it isn't slanted. doesn't even appear like that to me on screen.

That's weird.. it looks extremely tilted to me. Look at the buildings in the background, they should be vertical.. unless that's the look you were going for. That's really the only thing that bothers me about it, but the colors look great. It has a nice mood to it.

I would love to see a scooter or motorbike travel through there on a slower shutter. The headlight might get more light into the lower right.

Agreed, or even just a car - but I think more so for the red tail lights, so it would have to be travelling away from the shot.

Ernie, do you have any where a car has travelled through?

Oh, great shot by the way, I love the colours.

Very nice . Great shot. Exquisite color! I was wondering how do you keep the lights from producing the star burst effect?
Thanks. Didn't do anything special, it just came out this way. Not all lights produce starbursts with long shutter I guess.

KillToShoot said:
Agreed, or even just a car - but I think more so for the red tail lights, so it would have to be travelling away from the shot.

Ernie, do you have any where a car has travelled through?
No, no cars are allowed in this little alley. I'd also think that a light trail would mess with the smooth blue colors and disturb the tranquillity of the shot.

bhop said:
That's weird.. it looks extremely tilted to me. Look at the buildings in the background, they should be vertical.. unless that's the look you were going for. That's really the only thing that bothers me about it, but the colors look great. It has a nice mood to it.
When looking at it more closely, you're right. Now it bothers me too, so I made a second version. Colors are a bit different though, didn't remember exactly what I did in post-process. Oh and I sharpened it a bit more.

blue-arch2.jpg

Is this version better? Or are the colors too much now?

Most reactions

Back