Kotobukicat
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Apr 28, 2024
- Messages
- 46
- Reaction score
- 20
- Location
- Missouri
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I just ordered 4 rolls of Aerocolor from Freestyle this morning. I cannot wait to try one. The respooler is Flic Film and I was told it is in date and fresh, properly stored. I just have to take their word for it right now. Unfortunately, around here, I am afraid that the colorful fall days are about over. It is wet and rainy and supposed to be so for the next week. Long range weather forcasters are predicting snow on Thanksgiving here. I really wanted to get some red-yellow-green shots. We might get some nice weather again, but I am not counting on it. I will dutifully place the film in cold storage for now, and next spring, go to the botanical gardens east and south of Kansas City (close to Whitman AFB.) They always have beautiful flowers in mid spring. Flik Flims calls it Elektra 100, but it is really Kodak Aerocolor. I have already downloaded and printed the Technical sheet for this emulsion, and will study it and put it in my photography reference notebook.
In an other thread, someone suggested that I just shoot consumer emulsions and try to get the balance that I am seeking. I have shot many rolls of consumer and pro color print and transparency film, and never have achieved that very ethereal look that I saw on an Aerocolor photo. I hope that I can now do so. As I said elsewhere, late fall sunlight around 1500 hours here is my favorite light. It is not as golden as the "golden hour" in high summer, but IMHO more realistic. Golden hour is for filming dogs running through the grain fields of Heaven to great their long lost humans (bad reference to a rather tear jerker movie a while back.) The Autumnal "pre golden hour light" in my opinion is flattering to both human and landscape subjects. Again, this is suggestive, your mileage may vary. (BTW, I would never try to get this look with 110. My 110 "phase" is just a nostalgia trip, nothing else.)
My film collection is growing. And more importantly, my actual time using cameras is increasing. I will never tell anyone here that I am some kind of photographic artist. I just like the look of some films, times of day, seasons and subject matter. The last thing that I want to do here is start an argument. In photography, there are no right or wrong answers.
Best
Joe
In an other thread, someone suggested that I just shoot consumer emulsions and try to get the balance that I am seeking. I have shot many rolls of consumer and pro color print and transparency film, and never have achieved that very ethereal look that I saw on an Aerocolor photo. I hope that I can now do so. As I said elsewhere, late fall sunlight around 1500 hours here is my favorite light. It is not as golden as the "golden hour" in high summer, but IMHO more realistic. Golden hour is for filming dogs running through the grain fields of Heaven to great their long lost humans (bad reference to a rather tear jerker movie a while back.) The Autumnal "pre golden hour light" in my opinion is flattering to both human and landscape subjects. Again, this is suggestive, your mileage may vary. (BTW, I would never try to get this look with 110. My 110 "phase" is just a nostalgia trip, nothing else.)
My film collection is growing. And more importantly, my actual time using cameras is increasing. I will never tell anyone here that I am some kind of photographic artist. I just like the look of some films, times of day, seasons and subject matter. The last thing that I want to do here is start an argument. In photography, there are no right or wrong answers.
Best
Joe