What's new

Blue drops

djengizz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
3
Location
The Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know it's been done a million times before, but i guess we all have to try this ones.
So here is my attempt at a waterdrop macro:
OwwS5n.jpg
 
It may have been done before, but that doesn't stop it from being an interesting and well captured picture!

Rob
 
I don't care HOW many times it's been done -- you're right, we all must do it! It's a rite of passage! :lol: And yours is an excellent capture with the multiple droplets.

Would you mind sharing your setup with us? :)
 
How did you do it? I havn't done it before and would love to try.
 
well done. love the undulating ripples. :D
 
Yeah it really doesnt matter how many times its been done before.... it always looks great + its always slightly different! Great job.
 
Tnx for all the replies.
As for my settings:
1/500
F/8.0
ISO 50
Flash
Super Macro

I used a black background and some water on a saucer. The saucer was made of steel which gave a nice mercury look.
I positioned the saucer on a book and put my camera on the table in front of it.
The camera was set on custom self-timer to take a burst shot of about ten pictures. I then used a seringe to drop the droplets while my camera was shooting.
Expect a low 'hit-ratio' but take your time and at least a couple are going to be nice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom