Blue Haze in Camera

fengyipu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I look through the view finder of the camera there appear to be blue haze on the left side. Its in the body of the camera becuse I took the lens off and the lese was fine. I have a minolta Maxxium 4 if that helps. T was just wondering if it will effect my film and if its a serious problem.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what the problem might be...but I'm guessing that it shouldn't affect the photos (or the film).

When you look through the viewfinder of an SLR like that, you are looking into a penta-prism (or cheaper penta-mirror) and then off of a mirror and out the lens.

When you fire the shutter, the mirror flips up and out of the way (and the viewfinder goes black)...then the shutter opens to expose the film.

So...the light though the viewfinder isn't the same path that the film sees...so whatever you are seeing, probably won't affect the image.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what the problem might be...but I'm guessing that it shouldn't affect the photos (or the film).

When you look through the viewfinder of an SLR like that, you are looking into a penta-prism (or cheaper penta-mirror) and then off of a mirror and out the lens.

When you fire the shutter, the mirror flips up and out of the way (and the viewfinder goes black)...then the shutter opens to expose the film.

So...the light though the viewfinder isn't the same path that the film sees...so whatever you are seeing, probably won't affect the image.

Thank You

I am on day 2 of a shoot and just realized it. I will fill you in when I develop the film later in the week.

Most reactions

Back