What's new

Blue Moon

That's different alright. What lens was this?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That would make a fantastic desktop wallpaper. I've got a few moon shots myself, but none in the daytime like yours. You seem to have a looong lens too, Is that the Tammy 150-600 you're using?
 
Pretty darn cool. Liking the teal blue too.
 
It's shot at 800mm. I got hold of a buddy's 400 and added a 2x teleconverter. My tripod was wholly inadequate. 10 seconds hands off to wait for the wobble to stop, in the meantime, the head was slipping so the frame drifted.
 
Another version. Less of a crop.

Is this an awkward crop? Usually I go square for the moon, but that makes it feel static and clinical. This gives me the feeling of a rising moon.

what do you think?

Desi


Morning's Moon
by Desi595, on Flickr
 
I like the 2nd crop better, though I wish there was a bit more blue below the moon instead of above. Pretty cool though, I rarely see daytime moon photos
 
It's shot at 800mm. I got hold of a buddy's 400 and added a 2x teleconverter. My tripod was wholly inadequate. 10 seconds hands off to wait for the wobble to stop, in the meantime, the head was slipping so the frame drifted.
It might not have been the head drifting.....I know that with my 600 and a 2x teleconverter on a FF camera you can watch the moon move through the frame. ;)
 
Yeah, you can watch it move.....but it was totally drifting.

When I first bought my tripod it seemed unnecessarily large and sturdy for my little lenses. Then the 70-200 came along and it would wobble a bit in the wind....now this beast and I need to help hold it up.

So, for any newbies thinking about a tripod.....buy a sturdy one, more so than you might think you need.
 
Love both photos! I think a square crop might go well on the second photo?
 
Really nice! Must have been shaking like a mofo in the viewfinder at that focal length!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom