Blue waters

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't do much for landscapes, but Crater Lake was breath-taking. I hope you all enjoy.

Comments/critiques anyone?

My God, is that colour for real?
If so (and I assume it is since it enticed you to photograph a landscape!), then ithis colour is breathtaking, indeed! But so were the clouds on the other bank and that bank itself! Funny to see how the clouds only cling to the mountains, but the sky is all clear above the water. Makes the nicest of background for those gnarly trees!

Great shots, nice!

What is up with the clouds in #3? In the middle at the top? Looks like a spaceship coming in for a landing!

Great shots, nice!

What is up with the clouds in #3? In the middle at the top? Looks like a spaceship coming in for a landing!
Maybe it was...........???????

#1 ..............Breathtaking!

Great shots, nice!

D'oh! I missed that. It's a hole from the clip the lab used to process the slide, which is why it's sort of a panorama shot :p. I'll be sure to crop that out.

Corinna, that IS the real blue color of Crater Lake, though perhaps I upped the saturation a slight amount to match my memory :mrgreen:. It lies inside the caldera of an extent volcano at the peak of Mount Mazama. The lake is nearly 2,000 feet deep, and because of its depth, it refracts light in a unique way. The clouds hover above the ridge because the rim of the crater is at an elevation of nearly 8000 feet above sea level.

Oh, I shot these slides on Agfachrome RS 100 that expired back in 1997.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back