Bluejay & Red-Bellied Woodpecker.

Nice shots Dark.

I saw a guy using a flash for catch and a little fill for shots like the Jay. The last thing I want is more weight to carry around, but sometimes I think - shoulda woulda coulda.

Oh - And darn Canon for pushing back the release or announcement of the 7DmkII. :madmad:Somewhere I read that CaNikon are playing mind games and waiting for each other to release either the 7DmkII or the update to the D300.

I hope hurling or curling in the olympics gets done soon so we can finally get some results and feedback IF they used it over there.

Thanks Jaca. I took this shot out the car window using it as a blind from across the road.BlueJays alway's elude me and a I swear the hear the shutter slap.This is one of the first times seeing one not behind something like a huge branch or bushes.

Last edited:
Nice pics, Dark!

I know what you mean about Blue Jays. For such "bully birds" they sure seem to be sensitive to that camera! I've struggled for over a year to get a really good shot of one, but finally achieved it during our snowstorm last week. 8 inches of nice white snow to use as a reflector and brighten that bird up, and one small bag of peanuts to entice them with, and…BINGO! I'll post it and some other shots I've done recently here pretty soon.

EDIT: Oh, and I *love* using my car as a blind. It was ONE of the (many) really attractive things to me about buying this convertible last December!

oh, I love the colors

Nice shots Dark.

I saw a guy using a flash for catch and a little fill for shots like the Jay. The last thing I want is more weight to carry around, but sometimes I think - shoulda woulda coulda.

Oh - And darn Canon for pushing back the release or announcement of the 7DmkII. :madmad:Somewhere I read that CaNikon are playing mind games and waiting for each other to release either the 7DmkII or the update to the D300.

I hope hurling or curling in the olympics gets done soon so we can finally get some results and feedback IF they used it over there.

I hope to see a 7D mrk II Soon.

I like the back lighting/rim light on the Blue Jay, it provides some nice separation with the background. The colors are wonderful on him too.

Thanks Jaca. I took this shot out the car window using it as a blind from across the road.BlueJays alway's elude me and a I swear the hear the shutter slap.This is one of the first times seeing one not behind something like a huge branch or bushes.

I swear they send out memo's to each other whenever I'm within 100 km with a camera. They love to hid *just* on the other side of the tree. I resorted to bribing with peanuts once.

Nice pictures!

Very elusive Bird. I swear they know I am going to try to capture a picture of them before I even do.:mrgreen:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Most reactions

Back