Blueridge Guitar

not bad...

one thing that jumps out at me is the turny thing on bottom left should be rotated a bit so it's not a blinding specular highlight... same with whatever is on the top of the frame to camera left of the strings...

is this using two lights?

The light on the peg is kind of bothersome and the carpet doesn't do it for me. IMO I'd try a nice hardwood floor with lots of wood grain. maybe something horizontal.

Yes, the various blinding specular highlights kind of ruin an otherwise interesting look at a beautiful guitar. The highly polished finish on the instrument is a real challenge for a "hot" flash burst. I think aiming the flash at a larger surface, like a nearby white wall,or a Foam-Core board, or shooting it through at least a 24x24 inch piece of diffusion material would allow you to control/subdue the reflections on the guitar's smooth,shiny finish.

This photo used 2 remotely fired flashes, one high and to the right, the other behind the camera and to the left.

I focused on the name of the guitar.

The tuning peg is the thng on the lower left of the photo and you're right, it could have been rotated. The other highlight is a reflection on the body of the guitar itself, and I have no idea how I could have gotten rid of it:(

Hi,

I think I'd go for a slightly larger depth of field, although the focus is on the name, the neck and strings blur way to quickly with this level of foreshortening for me.

On the highlight on the guitar, try putting something over this section such as vasaline. This will be be as reflective, should not show up on the photograph as it's blurred and will be easy to clean off after.

Steve

Most reactions

Back