I'm not four, I can take criticism, I know it doesn't have to be praise-- but saying i was drunk or stoned when i take a photo is not CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. It's not about getting criticized negatively, it's about not being helpful.
-
We actually had an assignment at school a few years back to take things out of focus, it helped you work on composition without so much concern as to what was IN the photo, but when I was going through them all, I just really really liked the way they came out! Granted, the "shakey" photos are a little less what I was going for, however I also thought they gave an interesting shape/colour. Sometimes I will hand hold a long exposure because it sort of gives the image a look of a painting. I guess more of an "abstract" or "surreal" effect perhaps? My terminology is a little underdeveloped.
^(I actually have had 2 people buy a print of this)
(i'd also like to note-- I almost never shoot like this. It was just an idea I was messing with on two occasions, I posted some of my other shots in my intro thread, which are more like the work I prefer to do.)