Blurry Nights

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just something I was toying with, slow exposures, handheld, and out of focus - was wondering if you guys had any opinions on them. Basically - the worse combination in photography haha, but I think the results were interesting visually :)

Picture9.png

Picture10.png

Picture6.png

Picture8.png

There's something about the second one that I like. Can't put my finger on it.

You know, I think someone started a drunken photography thread recently. You may want to post there :lmao:

I think this is the smoke a joint photography thread C.C.... or Just an experimental woman thread.

Constructive criticism? Sure. Sure.

I hope you were not the driver. It is not nice to drink and drive or smoke and drive. How was that? :hug::

There's something about the second one that I like. Can't put my finger on it.

Thank you, it's actually one of my faves from these :) It kind of made me think of a rough night coming to an end as you fall into the back of a cab headed for home.

Constructive criticism? Sure. Sure.

I hope you were not the driver. It is not nice to drink and drive or smoke and drive. How was that? :hug::

awful. I would have just appreciated it if you said they sucked rather than mock me.

C&C Is not always praise
was wondering if you guys had any opinions on them. the worse combination in photography haha

You asked for opinions and you got em.
Personally I like the 3rd one, but like you said it's not spectacular.

These types of photos aren't my cup of tea. To me, they just look like those accidental photos I've taken (accidently trip the shutter while not shooting) and not something done on purpose. However, there's photographers out there who have made lots of money selling photos of blurry, out of focus shots, so beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I may be alone hear but i like doing some unfocused shots to.

One suggestion for the second picture.
-Try to get the dash in focus and the out side not.

[/quote]

C&C Is not always praise
I'm not four, I can take criticism, I know it doesn't have to be praise-- but saying i was drunk or stoned when i take a photo is not CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. It's not about getting criticized negatively, it's about not being helpful.

-

We actually had an assignment at school a few years back to take things out of focus, it helped you work on composition without so much concern as to what was IN the photo, but when I was going through them all, I just really really liked the way they came out! Granted, the "shakey" photos are a little less what I was going for, however I also thought they gave an interesting shape/colour. Sometimes I will hand hold a long exposure because it sort of gives the image a look of a painting. I guess more of an "abstract" or "surreal" effect perhaps? My terminology is a little underdeveloped.

Picture49.png

^(I actually have had 2 people buy a print of this)

Picture57.png

(i'd also like to note-- I almost never shoot like this. It was just an idea I was messing with on two occasions, I posted some of my other shots in my intro thread, which are more like the work I prefer to do.)

Thank you, it's actually one of my faves from these :) It kind of made me think of a rough night coming to an end as you fall into the back of a cab headed for home.

That's what it is.... It reminds me of passing out or before you pass out in the back of a cab. The lights and the blurriness of the steering wheel... Good job.

We joke with everyone... Some of us are just silly gooses...see...:greenpbl:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back