bmx photos

codyoler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0144.jpg

I was wondering if anybody could tell me why all of my night time bmx/skateboarding photos turn out like this and how I could make them look less bright.

Thanks

what you need to do is turn down the flash level by a couple of stops so the subject is exposed properly, and use a longer shutter speed so the background gets some sort of exposure as well. The long shutter speed shouldn't matter to the exposure of the rider as he will only really be lit by the flash.

what you need to do is turn down the flash level by a couple of stops so the subject is exposed properly, and use a longer shutter speed so the background gets some sort of exposure as well. The long shutter speed shouldn't matter to the exposure of the rider as he will only really be lit by the flash.

Good advice right there. The rider is fairly well blown but you can recover a little bit more detail with a bit of post.

I don't really know how to use my flash yet, I just kinda turn it on and go haha.
I'll have to experiment next time, thanks for the tips.

rear curtain might look cool here

It is because there is not much ambient light if any in the exposure, try your flash at half power iso 800 F4 1/125

Most reactions

Back