Boa Headshots

DeniseSoden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few headshots of one of my boa constrictors, Kenzy. She's nearly a year old now. I wish they were a little more crisp, but its grey out today, and through the window it's hard to get the right lighting.

Comments/critique welcome :)

IMG_8888ab.jpg

IMG_8844ab.jpg

the first one is great.

If they are not too active when you take them you could probably put a blanket or other material behind them to give them a background, a dark green or black would really make them stand out, otherwise perhaps make sure that there is more shadow behind them, then if you keep the background nice and out of focus like the first one they could be anywhere from coumbia to austrailia :). You can also put a white board on the other side of them than the window as a kind of fill light, window lighting can really look nice, and you can get affects as if it were a studio without spending a penny on expencive equipment. But as it is the lighting is pretty nice anyway.

keep em comming

tim

yeah, the shots look good to me, i especially like the first... nice DOF, and awesome detail in the eye. :thumbup:

Nice photos, I really like the first, you have a nice collection of boas, I've seen you in the rtb forums, the salmon is my favorite.

Thanks guys :) I appreciate all the comments and critique.

el_shorty, what's your SN on RTB? And thank you :) Monty is a favorite of mine also.

I want one!

are they expensive to buy and keep?

*EDIT*
after doing a quick google on keeping boas, ive changed my mind... they can live for 30 years!! ,that would make me nearly 60 when it snuffed it!!

the first one is the real winner..but honestly I am afraid in snakes..LOL

DeniseSoden said:
Thanks guys :) I appreciate all the comments and critique.

el_shorty, what's your SN on RTB? And thank you :) Monty is a favorite of mine also.

It's the same SN, but I haven't posted anything in a while, btw I have an 8 year old BP and a 2 year old Hog Island boa and 8 tarantulas, and thinking about getting a Rooatan Island "Firebelly" boa.

Most reactions

Back