What's new

Boat

I can see the framing you were going for, but the foreground is too overpowering due to the very dark colours of the rocks and the very light shades of the sea. In fact, I'd have abandoned the framing idea and cropped to something more like this:

$7936028978_bb5f4ffa41_o.webp

Avoid placing your subject in the middle of the frame :)
 
This is all about the near/far relationship, and the relationship of the boat to the land (and to the faraway boat). I say keep the foreground, or some of it.

A square crop of the right hand side might be nice, but I do like the vertical rock element, it would be a shame to lose it. Same photograph 30 seconds earlier would have been better! Or if you could have moved a little to your left to pull the boat visually left in the frame.

Good concept, not great but good. Much of the technical stuff is fine (exposure, focus blah blah), I don't see any substantial problems there.
 
Thanks all. I Will take your comments on board. Although the boat is centre of whole picture it is almost rule of thirds taking the land as framing. It may or may not have worked, from your comments it didn't
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom