Bobcat kitten C&C if you like.

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On the way home from getting skunked at the beach (hurricane accelerated away from land faster than expected) I saw a little something on the side of the road. A quick U-turn and quickly throwing my 300mm on these are the results. In this case, I think that the subject makes up for the crappy focus. Had about 3 minutes to get some shots of him before he took off.

Click for EXIF.

1. (For some reason the EXIF got stripped from this one)
3849883767_bf599c11bb_o.jpg

2. The grass is kinda blown in this one. Think I flubbed that in PP.

What a cutie! Too bad about the focus. #3 is such a great glimpse. I wish we could freeze time so we could get that perfect shot. I, for one, get super excited when faced with nature opportunities. The results are pitiful. I see an unusual animal and my mind forgets everything (Never mind the exposure----Where the hell is the shutter button?).

I'd imagine that was a once in a lifetime shot but it won't stop me from saying "better luck next time".

He is soooooo cute!! What a lucky break for you to have seen him! I do hope his mother was close by watching him..... I agree - the subject makes up for any tech problems as far as I'm concerned.

I wish we could freeze time so we could get that perfect shot. I, for one, get super excited when faced with nature opportunities. The results are pitiful. I see an unusual animal and my mind forgets everything (Never mind the exposure----Where the hell is the shutter button?)

I do this too and I also have a tendancy, if I have been walking for a while with nothing to shoot, to forget I have the camera turned off -which costs me even more precious capture time. :lol:

I'd imagine that was a once in a lifetime shot but it won't stop me from saying "better luck next time".

Actually, a friend of mine works at a lumberyard about half a mile away from this as the crow flies that claims they're a litter somewhere nearby. She says they see them every day. I'm gonna try to get some more shots this weekend.

Love that you can see his little Bobcat tail in #2. Are you sure you can't do some selective sharpening in #3. I love "peeking" photos.

Actually, a friend of mine works at a lumberyard about half a mile away from this as the crow flies that claims they're a litter somewhere nearby. She says they see them every day. I'm gonna try to get some more shots this weekend.

I look forward to take 2 then.... may the camera focus force be with you.

I love these pics. This cat is very rare around our area. I have never seen one in the wild. Your Bob Cat there looks abandoned because he is so young to be alone like that. Where were you exactly????

If you click on them, i've got them mapped out on flickr. Woodstock, CT to be exact.

They're excedingly rare around here, AFAIK. I saw one about a week ago a couple miles from this one, then my friend told me she was seeing a whole litter and then I got to shoot this one. Prior to that it's been close to 20 years since I saw one.

It's really cool because a healthy preditor population means the ecosystem is fairly healthy.

Most reactions

Back