Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
35mm Prime
ISO: 125
Aperture: f5.6
Shutter: 1/60
Mode: AP

I found this fastener during my hub re-take. Completely unrelated to the wagon. I just liked all the components: sun, shadow, weathered wood and rust. Does it work, or should I have left it outside where I found it?

View attachment 38414

Last edited:
Keep looking at this one and inflating the numbers. Works for me - like minimalist stuff.

Last edited:
You captured the texture quite well, although the focus falls off.

Since you mentioned rust as an element, it would be best to see this in color.

View attachment 38423
Thanks FB, This was never intended to be a color shot.

The idea was to have the focus fall off towards the bottom of the frame, but I never thought I would lose it on the tip of the ring at 5.6

You captured the texture quite well, although the focus falls off.

Since you mentioned rust as an element, it would be best to see this in color.

I have to echo that I like how you captured the texture.

I like it better in color, it looks a little flat in black and white, the subtle differences in the tones makes me look longer.
I would prefer if the metal piece would be completely in focus, but the shape is interesting.

Thanks for the comment MiFleur. That's just a crop SOOTC I threw up here for Fanboy. It could probably be perked up a little with some post.

I suppose everyone sees things differently but to me the color is very boring. But that's just me. I was a little put out when I saw the tip of that ring wasn't in focus, but I know where it is. I can always go back. ;)

I like the simplicity of subject, the contrast of wood and metal textures, but it appears as if you got just a tad too close with that 35mm and the focus fell off.

Most reactions

Back