Bone To Pick.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Sorry about the title, i just didn't know what to put. This is my attempt at a gritty/grungy self-portrait.

snooted flash camera left, brightness/contrast, B&W conversion with blue filter, smart sharpen

portgrit-r.jpg

I feel it could have been sharper with a bit more definition but i was mainly playing with lighting.. any other C&C welcome.

cheers.

Wow, really impressive. The texture the lighting produces is really nice.
I feel like it would have more of an impact on me if more of your eye was visible. I'm not sure how you could do that, I know that part of the eye can be hard to light. Especially when trying to maintain all of those delicious shadows.

Overall a really great image.

thanks for that,

yeah i would also have liked to see the white of the other side of the eye a bit just to define the pupil but i'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds it should be.

It looks like you may have had the flash only slightly forward of the ear and directed straight on. Try sliding it around to somewhere in the 30-45° from camera left and pointed at your right eye.

That or have it bounced off a reflector. I'm thinking have the flash positioned about 2-3 feet above and directley behind your head and firing at a reflector that is about 2 feet in front of you pointed at about a 45° angle. Just a thought.

ah good thinking, may try that later see how it goes.

Most reactions

Back