Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
jumping_spider_01.jpg

a700 4x microscope lens on bellows and stacked in combineZ
tim

that's pretty amazing. and scary. i'm assuming it's a spider, how did you get it to pose in front of the camera like that?

Thanks ernie, i am afraid the trick to getting it to stay still is pretty permenant, the poor thing was frozen for about 20mins and then gently dethawed. It is still difficult positioning them as they are small but they dont run away very often, with the exception of ticks that is.

tim

What a fantastic shot. The eyes are creepy and almost lifeless; they look like bottles viewed from above.

Beautiful. Well done :)

Amazing, I love the symmetry in this shot.

WOW!!! Just simply WOW!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

don't scare me like that!

gah - once I got used to the scary sight it is an amazingly close up shot - just give more warning next time its a spider ;)

OH, F#¢K ME!!!!

Excuse me while I go change my pants.

Uh, cool shot Tim..., yeah...coool shot! I'll be right back.

That is absolutely incredible!

I like the little curly eyelashes on the highbeams- Is it a girl?

That would make one heck of a hat.

Thanks for the nightmares, TPE.

...just thanks.

:p That's a pretty awesome shot! So much detail!

Hehe, sorry Corry :) And thanks.

What a fantastic shot. The eyes are creepy and almost lifeless; they look like bottles viewed from above.

Beautiful. Well done :)

Many thanks. The diffuser is a white dome around the lens and it is pretty clearly reflected and you can see it pretty clearly in the eyes, otherwise i think they would be pure black.

Amazing, I love the symmetry in this shot.
Thanks DZX :)

WOW!!! Just simply WOW!!!
The smalll world never ceases to amaze me either, i wish you could have seen it in person.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

don't scare me like that!

gah - once I got used to the scary sight it is an amazingly close up shot - just give more warning next time its a spider ;)
LOL, ok will do :) Kind of reminds me of a teddy bear though ;)

OH, F#¢K ME!!!!

Excuse me while I go change my pants.

Uh, cool shot Tim..., yeah...coool shot! I'll be right back.
Glad ( err i think ;)) it turned up in the end, my host is a bit dodgy sometimes ... Thinks may have to try something cute next time.

Cool shot! Now I'm going to sleep with all the lights on tonight. :(
Thanks mia, and ah, sorry, but dont worry they dont come out at night.

That is absolutely incredible!

I like the little curly eyelashes on the highbeams- Is it a girl?

That would make one heck of a hat.

LOL, i hadnt thought of that, davie crocket eat your heart out. Yes i think you are right, it has small palipeds so must be a girl, not just from the eyelashes, but thats how the daughter knew it was a girl. Also a bit longer than the males, about 6mm from head to tail. It had some kind of orafice on the bottom front of its abdomen, i am not sure if thats differentiating, but could well be and i had not see the organ before?

Thanks for the comments all :)

tim

... it has small palipeds so must be a girl, not just from the eyelashes, but thats how the daughter knew it was a girl. Also a bit longer than the males, about 6mm from head to tail. It had some kind of orafice on the bottom front of its abdomen, i am not sure if thats differentiating, but could well be and i had not see the organ before? ....

I hope you don't mind, but with a little modification the quote above will probably start a memorable conversation between me and my 15 year old grandson on the beach next month.

Most reactions

Back