book

danir

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone recomend a good book to improve my photography?

What area of photography to want to improve in? What do you feel you are weak in?

Off the top of my head...
'Understanding Exposure' and/or 'The Joy of Photography'.

Thanks,
I think that finding the right exposure is the most important thing to improve, but probably other aspects such as composition.

I don't know where you are, so I can't be specific, But if you regularly look at a good monthly magazine and actually follow up on all the projects that they publish, you will gain a lot of knowledge and experience ... Not to mention enjoyment at doing them.

I suggest going to your local library. The basics...like exposure, composition, lighting etc...has not changed with the advent of digital. You can find a lot of really good info in some older books.

I agree with Big Mike. Right now I have 9 books ranging from, macro to outdoor photography. You can keep these for 6 weeks if you renew 2 times.
By the end of the first 2 weeks though you can decide If you would want to own one, then just go to Amazon.com and order.
Lots of good ones out there.

I had to buy 'photography' (ISBN: 0131896091) and I have found that it is a very good all around book. Doesnt go in depth on a lot, but it covers almost everything. Also, it was very easy for me to understand being a complete beginner. It is actually one of the only txtbooks I have ever kept.

Most reactions

Back