Books or tips on Portraits

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just lined up 10 little models (my friends kids) to work on candid portraiture. And now I am a little nervous because I am very new to photography (I got my dslr 2 months ago) and because I have only done my kids. I am going to rent a better lens so I can be further away. We are going to do mornings and early evenings in parks except the very little babies I think I will do with natural light near windows.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping up with children in this type of photography? Does anyone have any tips for outdoor photography? Does anyone know any good books to help with this?

Also, I am doing it for free for my own practice, I am no where near experienced enough to charge and really they are doing me the favor. But I am kind of worried about them taking the photos to random places to get low quality prints. I was thinking of asking them to print through me (at cost). Would that seem weird, or is it good idea or should I just get over it and let them do what they want?

Any thoughts? :hail:

I wouldn't have a problem giving them the files and letting them get their own prints...but maybe put in a note about using a decent quality lab.

Another option would be to use an ordering site when you upload the images and they can go to that site and order image.

I would think that having them all place orders through you, would be a pain in the rear...especially if you aren't making a decent profit.

Very true. I should work something out on mpix and tell them all how great the quality is. and then be at peace if they choose to print elsewhere.

As much improvement as I need to make, those photos of my daughter made my friends clamor to get a "session" with me lol. Its good practice for me though.

Most reactions

Back