Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent the day covering the last leg of the [situationally appropriate] Boomer's Legacy Bike Ride. Normally 100 - 125 riders make the two day trip from Courtenay, BC, to Victoria in support of Boomer's Legacy Foundation, but of course current conditions wouldn't allow that. Nonetheless, two dedicated riders covered the 250km over the course of two days to ensure that the year wasn't missed. They were joined by members of the Wounded Warrior Run Team for the final leg.

Boomer’s Legacy is named after Corporal Andrew “Boomer” Eykelenboom, a Canadian Forces medic, killed by a suicide bomber while serving in Afghanistan. Boomer’s Legacy is a foundation which is committed to "Helping our Soldiers Help Others at Home and Abroad.”

BLBR2020%20(1).jpg

BLBR2020%20(2).jpg

BLBR2020%20(3).jpg

BLBR2020%20(4).jpg

BLBR2020%20(5).jpg

Great set! I'm assuming all ambient light, have you ever considered or used supplemental flash?

Good set......
Thanks! :)

Great set! I'm assuming all ambient light, have you ever considered or used supplemental flash?
I have tried, but in running and cycling events, where I have to leap-frog the participants, usually setting up on the side of the road, etc, it's not practical. Even stops like the Cenotaph (# 3) the team is only there for about five minutes. LRs 'Highlight' and 'Shadow' sliders are my best friends! :lol:

Great job!
Thank-you!

Good set. #5 for the win, glad they all seemed to have fun and go along with that one.
Thanks Ron - for the most part the groups that I work with regularly have learned to just do what I ask. The one lady who was 70-something did give me a bit of a dirty look, but I explained that this was about my art and not her comfort!

Nice shots!
Thanks Jeff!

it's not practical

Been there done that. Ever been to heated small town city council meeting when the fists start flying??? LOL I had something similar to this HB70QR-HB70QR Side Handle for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, P back in my newspaper days, it served as both handle and mount for the flash, though I don't remember it being quite this expensive. Got the flash far enough away to work well, and provided a solid handhold, so you could hang on with one hand and swing the other when need be. :allteeth:

These are nice John, as always. Very nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back