Highway of Heroes Bicycle Ride, British Columbia - 2018 (Image heavy)

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past weekend I was privileged to be asked to accompany the inaugural British Columbia Highway of Heroes bicycle ride. This is an event sponsored by Wounded Warriors Canada to raised funds for and awareness of PTSD and related issues. The ride started in Langley, British Columbia (Just east of Vancouver) at a monument to those lost in the Afghanistan conflict and ended at the BC Legislature in Victoria. Saturday saw the team ride through some pretty foul weather; typical... two months of sun and the first day of a new and *Poof* the clouds opened up... it definitely upped "suck factor". The Highway of Heroes started in Ontario as the stretch of Highway 401 along which the remains of those who paid the ultimate price in Afghanistan traveled upon returning to Canada, since the end of the conflict, every province has dedicated a section of highway to commemorate the Afghanistan fallen.

HHRBC18%20(3).JPG

HHRBC18%20(10).JPG

HHRBC18%20(1).JPG

HHRBC18%20(2).JPG

For those playing along at home, that's one of two trailers from Total Transportation wrapped with Wounded Warriors messaging featuring work by yours truly! :D

HHRBC18%20(5).JPG

HHRBC18%20(7).JPG

HHRBC18%20(8).JPG

HHRBC18%20(11).JPG

HHRBC18%20(6).JPG

HHRBC18%20(9).JPG

Great set #5 and #10 are my favs I really like 5 because its she is dead on coming right at you

great cause and well done, as usual. Did your gear get soaked?

Excellent set! Good to see the supporters come out in the rain.

Good job ... the apparent good turnout in less that perfect weather, must be particularly satisfying and even emotional for you, as you are of the same kin as the riders.

Good job ... the apparent good turnout in less that perfect weather, must be particularly satisfying and even emotional for you, as you are of the same kin as the riders.
Thanks Gary; there was a great turnout and lots of support which made it that much better, and yes, there is definitely some emotion there as well!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back