What's new

BOOOO...Yesterday's Sunset Stunk!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Luckily, I was there 45min before, and snagged this one before it all fell apart. I'm not sure about the composition... comments and critiques are welcome!




Drift Off by f_one_eight, on Flickr


Best,
Jake
 
Looks good man. I am a fan of horizon at 1/3 or 2/3 height but this is nice.
 
It's still stunningly beautiful.

Thanks! I'm lucky to have snagged this. Soon after it got windy and foggy and such. The tide was a bit low for my liking, but it worked out pretty well.

Best,
Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
yep, absolutely awful. :lovey:
 
Something interesting in the foreground would really help. Yes, the clouds are pretty, but the acres and acres of wet sand are not very interesting.
 
Something interesting in the foreground would really help. Yes, the clouds are pretty, but the acres and acres of wet sand are not very interesting.


Oh I agree wholeheartedly. The tide was a bit lower than I thought, so all the nice rocks at the high-tide mark were far too far away from the water. This definitely is not the best sunset, just glad I snagged this so-so photo. Haha.

Best,
Jake
 
I liked the opposite, (sorry Derrel) I thought the sand and foreground was really the better focal point, the clouds were just a bonus. Got to love Photography, so many different ways of seeing things :)

Really like the pic, nice job
 
I'll mildly disagree with Derrel. I have to pay lots of money to see acres of wet sand, so for me that is just fine. In oenological terms, it may not be a "grand cru", but it certainly is above the level of table plonk. :mrgreen:
 
I liked the opposite, (sorry Derrel) I thought the sand and foreground was really the better focal point, the clouds were just a bonus. Got to love Photography, so many different ways of seeing things :)

Really like the pic, nice job


Thanks!
 
I'll mildly disagree with Derrel. I have to pay lots of money to see acres of wet sand, so for me that is just fine. In oenological terms, it may not be a "grand cru", but it certainly is above the level of table plonk. :mrgreen:

Just come and visit Downeast Maine! This type of shore is EVERYWHERE.

Best,
Jake
 
I liked the opposite, (sorry Derrel) I thought the sand and foreground was really the better focal point, the clouds were just a bonus. Got to love Photography, so many different ways of seeing things :)

Really like the pic, nice job

Almost TOO many ways of interpreting a photo, haha.

Best,
Jake
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom