What's new

Bored and armed with a camera

Pretty cool, can't wait until I get my flash to try all of this stuff and just experiment with light. Any special reason for getting rid of the 1d are you getting the mk4 or just going to stick with the 5d.
tj
Just clearing the way for the 1D4. A buddy of mine is buying it, so I have visitation rights. :) He's bringing his 7D over to let me play with on Saturday when he comes to pick up the 1D3. I am planning on getting some test shots in my studio at various ISO's while I have it in my mits. I want to see first hand how the images look.
 
Oh that's cool. Ya i'd like to see how the camera handles at higher iso's. Enjoy that 1D4. I'll be dreaming of the D3s :lol:
 
I took Derrel's advice and turned off high-speed sync and set the shutter speed to 1/250 this time.

724160058_HkVkh-X2.jpg


I think that did it.
 
Ya that definitely stopped the action better and has more of that frozen in mid air look. Pretty cool
tj
 
random question: what camera are you buying? nvm just saw the answer

good pictures, im sick as a dog, but im prefering the first picture
 
The blur of the drops at the top is the result of motion blur. The focus was set on the center of the glass (which is quite sharply in focus). The camera was set to f/10. The strobes were set to high-speed sync and the shutter was set to 1/1250 which apparently still wasn't fast enough to capture the fastest moving drops of water.

I tried capturing a faucet dripping a bit ago. I had a 40W lightbulb (I've no flash equipment or anything like that) almost right next to the dripping water and still had to go as fast as 1/2000 and 1/4000 of a second to capture the drops without any motion blur.
 
I tried capturing a faucet dripping a bit ago. I had a 40W lightbulb (I've no flash equipment or anything like that) almost right next to the dripping water and still had to go as fast as 1/2000 and 1/4000 of a second to capture the drops without any motion blur.
The difference is, I'm shooting in a dark room with flashes. The flash duration at 1/16th flash power is something like 1/15,000 of a second. In a dark room, I could set my shutter to 1/60 (or less) and flash the splash and it would still freeze the motion.
 
nice shot! I'll have to try that myself - looks fun.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom