Bored at home - Take two

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Decided to find something in the house I could Photograph

I spotted this Daffodil and thought it would make a nice image- against a Black Velvet BG and using a single studio strobe ( Lencarta Smart flash 4 head) - fired through a large softbox to try to diffuse the light a little without lighting the BG

t7mLf5w.jpg

Sony a9 + Sony 70-200mm f2.8 G lens at 200mm f9 - 1/250th sec ISO 100

Les :)

link here to the lighting and diffuser if anyone's interested ?

Very nice, Lez. Good detail, almost too good but you stopped in time I think. I like that you chose a black bg, it helps to make it pop.

Very nice, Lez. Good detail, almost too good but you stopped in time I think. I like that you chose a black bg, it helps to make it pop.
Thank you Kirk- The 70-200mm f2.8 helped immensely and the BG is a piece of Black Velvet I use for Portraits etc :)

Les

Thank you Kirk- The 70-200mm f2.8 helped immensely and the BG is a piece of Black Velvet I use for Portraits etc :)

Les
Probably going to sound like a dumb question but did you take the flower out of one pic and put it in another pic of just the velvet or did you use a different method?

Last edited:
Probably going to sound like a dumb question but did you take the flower out of one pic and put it in another pic of just the velvet or did you use a different method?
No not at all Kirk- one shot is all it took :) The BG was around 2 metres behind the flower - It's a backdrop of 3m x3 m I use in the Studio

Les

Most reactions

Back