Boring image?

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you think? I know it is oversaturated and not much on it ...

_MG_8691.jpg

I like the contrast of the rails against the water; and the shadow across the dock. That would probably stick out more without the background.

Taking out the Silos and building on the right might help a lot. I think it will be more a solitude/not emptiness thinking of aother word, but I hope you know what I'm getting at. Maybe the word I'm looking for is peaceful.

I agree that the Icebreakers and the part of steel producing industry on the left break the balance on this one in an unpleasant way .. maybe that is the main problem of this image...

Taking out the Silos and building on the right might help a lot. I think it will be more a solitude/not emptiness thinking of aother word, but I hope you know what I'm getting at. Maybe the word I'm looking for is peaceful.

Hmm, see what you mean, just that means I have to take a different image in a different location ;) This is all in the middle of industrial civilisation with no solitude ;)

Would you mind if I have a try at cloning them out?

Would you mind if I have a try at cloning them out?

go ahead, if this is not too much effort.

just i hardly ever do this since it is usually not my style.

but it could be intersting to see how it affects the image.

I don't know if it helps the image but here it is...I didn't know they were icebreakers (thought they were buildings), boy those things are big

ps2.jpg

I think that picture would work well as a simple image. Clone out everything out but the dock and the water; clone out the trees and buildings over the horizon and the shadow on the dock.

There wouldnt be anything left in the picture, but I think it would also add curiosity and emotion.

Hmm.. I dunno. This one doesn't do much for me. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's boring
The cloning out worked a bit better for me, kept it nice and simple, but then my eyes are drawn to the floaty (buoys?) in the water

I like the edit by AKA:Dick the best, it's the most peaceful one and the mood of the photograph just seem to fit the subject.

Most reactions

Back