Born Again Warbird C&C is welcome

Just cause you asked, I just know I'll get in trouble, but here goes.

Ok, now you're on to something. Leave the environment all B&W, and just selectively color the plane - the front half of the planein color, and fade to black and white on the back half.

As the court can clearly see the defendant clearly, on September the Fourteenth, the year of Our Lord two thousand and twelve, did use selective color. Counsel requests, nay, DEMANDS that justice be granted to the people of this great nation, and that the defendant be sentenced immediately to death.

ChristopherCoy said:
Ok, now you're on to something. Leave the environment all B&W, and just selectively color the plane - the front half of the planein color, and fade to black and white on the back half.

Glad you like it

amolitor said:
As the court can clearly see the defendant clearly, on September the Fourteenth, the year of Our Lord two thousand and twelve, did use selective color. Counsel requests, nay, DEMANDS that justice be granted to the people of this great nation, and that the defendant be sentenced immediately to death.

See I knew it, I promise to never do it again your honor.

Designer said:
I say go for it! I think with shots such as this, one should do something special because the background is distracting, so why not blow this thing out of the water?

B&W background, plane in garish colors, crop the sky, forget the "moving through time" idea, and crank the effects way up.

Just cause you asked, I just know I'll get in trouble, but here goes.

Uhh... wait... that was it?

THAT was IT?????

I think you misunderstood me. I meant for you to do GARISH colors, not just a little bit of red on the prop.

This reminds me of when I and my classmates remodeled our studio in design school. All we did was cut a wide door opening in a wall, but what we should have done was remove the entire wall. That half-assed remodel was nothing, but you would have thought it nearly destroyed the entire building the way the physical plant guys went on about it.

Sometimes half-assed is not the right way to do it. If they're ready to hang you for a little bit of red, then go whole hog, they can't kill you twice.

I love the concept, but agree, the execution isn't the best... I agree that it would have been best to have a cleaner background, maybe put a stronger presence to the blend/transition from past to present, and possibly more than one transition point. Also, just BW won't evoke past, yes grain is a good start, but adding scratches, maybe use a sepia wash... A really cool, but much more involved picture would have had some people in the scene, on the right, old style mechanic overalls, on the left a modern pilot checking the prop, or something better...

Sent from my stone tablet using semaphores

Yeah, I didn't add any color to the plain, the was the only color other the black, white, and the rest was all chrome . It really wasn't a thought of mine to splash more color on to it that wasn't already there. The whole reason I did the spot color was to make the prop stand out from the the dark back ground of the garage. But thank you for the idea.

aavivi said:
I love the concept, but agree, the execution isn't the best... I agree that it would have been best to have a cleaner background, maybe put a stronger presence to the blend/transition from past to present, and possibly more than one transition point. Also, just BW won't evoke past, yes grain is a good start, but adding scratches, maybe use a sepia wash... A really cool, but much more involved picture would have had some people in the scene, on the right, old style mechanic overalls, on the left a modern pilot checking the prop, or something better...

Sent from my stone tablet using semaphores

Thank you so much, that would be a great idea if I could have set that up with mechanic or the pilot, sometimes it's what you get. Thanks for the idea though and the input, I'm going to give another stab. Thank you for the vote of confidence about the idea as well.

Most reactions

Back