4377706846_89fe9fa998_b.jpg

3. Another view from the Harborwalk
4377706924_a9b182d1b2_b.jpg

4. Zakim bridge reflection in a puddle
4377707500_93a4a6a7ee_b.jpg

5. Happy trails on I-93 entering/exiting the tunnel
4377707632_763266f403_b.jpg

Lovely, just lovely.

hahah, hey! Fellow Bostonian! And you had the nerve to get down under the zakim. I've never had such b@lls. :)

I have to say that of all the night shots I've seen on the forums, these have the least technical issues by far. They are REALLY solid overall. It looks like you may have missed focus a little bit on a couple... if you aren't doing this yet, try manually focusing to infinity. Manual focus during shots like this is a key differentiator in sharpness.

2 is a little tilted, and 2 and 3 could use some perspective correction and barrel distortion correction.

Also on 2... speaking from experience as I've spent a LOT of time there, I would recommend turning the camera more left and widening your shot a bit if possible.

If you can forgive me posting an image of mine in your thread as an example...

Boston%20May%202009.jpg

Thanks everyone! These photos are from this winter and pretty much my first foray into long-exposure shots. It has been fun so far with great results.

Manaheim: The Zakim was a fun and cold night. I was glad I had my tripod with me because I thought I was going to have to use it as a defense weapon on at least two occasions! Just recently tried to go back and it's all fenced off.

These are all straight off the camera with no PP. Since uploading I have gone back and made a few adjustments to some, but overall I am still very happy with the results directly from the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back