Botanical Gardens..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter and I visited the botanical gardens today. Here are a few pics from our visit. C&C welcome!! :mrgreen: Thank you!!

1) 55-300mm, f/5.6. iso200, 1/200s
6746525659_254e0187a6_b.jpg

2) 55-300mm, f/5.6. iso200, 1/200s
6746525367_4ae9160fef_b.jpg

3) 55-300mm, f/5.6, iso100, 1/80s
6746525025_a6d0ca6474_b.jpg

I love the first two! The contrast in the second one is really cool. The cacti seem a bit too bright to me...

I like the cactus shot. Nice series.

First impressions:

#1. I love this one - simple, sharp, in focus, great bokeh, and the colours are good.

#2. Not a fan of this one, too cluttered for me and the "leading lines" of the darker branches tend to take the viewer's eyes out of the picture instead of into it (my opinion). Too much of it is OOF for me.

#3. Interesting concept, but why do the cacti immediately to the left of centre and below appear to be overexposed or blown out a bit.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

#1 is my favorite for technical reasons as mentioned above by Western Guy

Number one is perfect! I live near there and have never been, I go to the zoo a couple times each month, they have lots of things to photograph there too! (probably not as much as the gardens though)

I like 1 and 3. #2 just isnt speaking to me. The Salvia (#1) has great b/g and I like the texture of the cacti shot (despite the minor exposure problems).

Thanks for the feedback...I didn't notice the oof part to the left of the center. I'll have to look at the unedited pic. I did increase the saturation a bit and added a slight vignette to it. maybe that has something to do with it??

Are those from DBG in Phoenix? Been there a couple of times, and it is a great place.

I have friends in Phoenix that I visit from time to time. I was at DBG in 2009 and saw the Chihuly exhibit. I was also there last October and saw the wooden insects. It's a great place to just roam around with a camera. I would NOT want to be there in August though!

I have friends in Phoenix that I visit from time to time. I was at DBG in 2009 and saw the Chihuly exhibit. I was also there last October and saw the wooden insects. It's a great place to just roam around with a camera. I would NOT want to be there in August though!

Actually, the wooden bugs are still there and yesterday was the last day of the exhibit. I saw the Chihuly exhibit as well and that was amazing!!

Actually, the wooden bugs are still there and yesterday was the last day of the exhibit. I saw the Chihuly exhibit as well and that was amazing!!
When I went to the Chihuly exhibit I had brought my tripod from Nashville to Phoenix and then, like an idiot, left it at the house when we went to the exhibit. I spent most of the evening looking for anything I could brace a camera on. Luckily in 2010 there was an exhibit of his glass here in Nashville from May through October so I made up for it. Some of the exhibits from DBG were moved straight from there to here. Two that I remember were that big, tall "Saffron Tower" and "The Sun".

Nice pics, as a result of your post i'll be visiting DBG next time I'm in PHX on business =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back