bothering the dog

JahLynJie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jahlynjie.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's good she's patient. Poor girl isn't feeling well today and there I was snapping photos of her.
But the dog (her name is Shy) is my favorite subject.
Let me know what you think of these.

EDITSM1.jpg

I edited a bright green tennis ball out of this one. Can you tell where?

EDITSM2.jpg

EDITSM3.jpg

EDITSM4.jpg

Thanks for looking. I appreciate any feedback or advice you can give me.

lovely dog ( im a dog lover... got 2 myself :) )

but if i may be picky, its the framing of the shots.
on all the photos, you have cut part of the dogs face off :(

1, top
2, nose
3, bottom
4, top

like i say, thats just me being picky, great colour and all in focus though :)

thanks for sharing :D

Thanks.
I tend to like close crops, especially with animals. I guess it's my way of highlighting those little areas of the dog that I love so much- her eyes, nose, whiskers, paws.
I'm finding that close crops aren't for everyone. And that's fine. Everyone has their own tastes.

Though here is my personal pickiness coming out- I don't like the fact that in #2, her nose has been cut off. It definitely makes it seem like her nose has been chopped off and gives the photo an odd feeling to it.

I appreciate your comments, they mean a lot to me.

Tennis ball?? Maybe near the bottom left corner. Good job removing it too! I personally like the close crop and it really shows off the special details we love in our pets- the wet nose, glossy eyes, etc. Maybe a blurrier or less cluttered background would improve overall quality, but I still really like them. She reminds me of a dog I loved as a child too.

Tennis ball.... nope, not the bottom left corner. I guess that means I did a decent job in the editing :D I'm still new at removing things from photos so that's a good sign I guess.

Thanks for your comments. I think I'm going to try to remove the chair leg from the background of #4 to clean it up a bit. That one should be a pretty straight forward removal.

Removing the calender from the background of #2 seems like it may be a little harder to get it looking natural but I think I'm up for the challenge. Maybe it won't be as difficult as I think.

As for #3, I think maybe if I just try to blend in some of the lighter parts of the coffee table? Would that make it a little less distracting?

Thanks for your comments :D

Hey ya,
really luv the 4th shot the focus on the paw is great, i like the way you have cropped them, I think it makes it more intersting (",)

That dog is really cute, I can see why he's your favorite subject!

Thanks.
Yeah she's really photogenic, as well as patient.
It was funny, when I first started shooting this set, she was originally laying the wrong way to get light from the windows in the living room. So I just grabbed her ankles and flipped her over to her other side. Didn't care one bit lol.

Oh and I almost forgot, this is the original of #1
SMORIG.jpg

Most reactions

Back