Bottled Up - What can I do to fix this image?

Maven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gatheringshadow.net
IMGP0302.jpg

Just curious if the blurred branch in the right hand foreground is distracting. If so, how should I go about fixing it?

<edit> Blast photobucket. I am not sure how to retain a decent size when uploading to photobucket. Any suggestions? I am very willing to try another site if someone could be so kind.

Hey Maven....yeah it is distracting. What I would do is try cropping out from the right.....this will make sort of a portrait pano and still get your idea across. Then, next time you might try a different aperture setting to change the DOF on your shot.....or else back up a tad....or get a wider angle lens.

I use PhotoBucket too. They can mess up your sizes. Try posting a particular size that is less than 250K....then it won't automatically resize. I can usually upload most of mine at 800 X 600 at less than 250K with my compression options. That fills a good part of the screen. Also, try not to resize on their site....that's when I get some pretty wild swings in sizing.

Im with ccd333 on everything he said. Since the bottle is the focus/subject you could also convert to BW and leave the bottle in color. I think that would definatily get the bottle to stand apart.

I use photoshop for all my sizing. I use the save for web under file to compress my images. It allows for a smaller file size while allowing you to determine how much optimization you want to show through and it states your actual saved file size evertime you make a change. I can make decent 11x14 that are under 100k using this command.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back