Boudoir touch up help!

There's a difference between sitting on the beach in a bikini having your picture taken and sitting around your hotel room in your underwear being photographed - that gets into an expectation of privacy, especially when a photo's posted on a website where potentially hundreds of people could be seeing it.

There's a difference between sitting on the beach in a bikini having your picture taken and sitting around your hotel room in your underwear being photographed - that gets into an expectation of privacy, especially when a photo's posted on a website where potentially hundreds of people could be seeing it.

And since we don't know whether the OP had the subjects permission or not, speculation is useless! What might bother some, might not be an issue for her... not everyone is uptight about such things!

And since we don't know whether the OP had the subjects permission or not, speculation is useless! What might bother some, might not be an issue for her... not everyone is uptight about such things!

I don't think any lady would appreciate a photo like this posted public. Not any lady in the right frame of mind anyway. This is a very private type photo.

Click save. And bam anyone ha access to this photo to post anywhere. Not smart.

I don't think any lady would appreciate a photo like this posted public. Not any lady in the right frame of mind anyway. This is a very private type photo.

Click save. And bam anyone ha access to this photo to post anywhere. Not smart.

RIGHT FRAME OF MIND?? Do you actually feel you can define what is a "Right frame of mind" for others?

Speculation! http://www.thefreedictionary.com/speculation

spec·u·la·tion (sp
ebreve.gif
k
lprime.gif
y
schwa.gif
-l
amacr.gif
prime.gif
sh
schwa.gif
n)n.

a. Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation.

b. A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture.

c. Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition.

a. Engagement in risky business transactions on the chance of quick or considerable profit.
b. A commercial or financial transaction involving speculation.

Last edited:
If the subject gave written permission then perhaps usage of the photo on a public message board would be covered (I think it would depend on the release form, if it covered usage in a portfolio, for publication, etc.).

Charlie you seem to think it's fine but would you feel the same way if it was your daughter, wife, mother, etc.? - I'm not sure if people realize where photos might potentially end up but it's something to think about, how and where photos get posted (or how fast and far they might go viral).

If the subject gave written permission then perhaps usage of the photo on a public message board would be covered (I think it would depend on the release form, if it covered usage in a portfolio, for publication, etc.).

Charlie you seem to think it's fine but would you feel the same way if it was your daughter, wife, mother, etc.? - I'm not sure if people realize where photos might potentially end up but it's something to think about, how and where photos get posted (or how fast and far they might go viral).

Again.. it is not up to me, or you... to make that decision! That is up to the subject, and hopefully the photographer is ethical enough to have either gotten a contract, or at least verbal consent from the subject to post these. I suspect the subject is of at least voting age ( a grown woman), and she can make her own decisions (assuming she is indeed aware of this).

Even if she is not... that is between her and the photographer.... it is literally NONE of our business! I suspect these negative opinions are based on values that the subject may not share...

Okay, WTF people... there have been HUNDREDS of boudoire shots posted on TPF and not once do I recall anyone getting on their high horse about whether it was appropriate or not - is there something about this image that I'm missing? As far as WE (as in the membership of TPF) are concerned, unless told otherwise by the only other interested party, that is, the subject, the photographer has the right to post the image for peer review and education.

This line of discussion stops now!

$JRW_3947.jpg
Here is an edit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back