zandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zandz.multiply.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C welcome, :)
camera is handheld so it's not that sharp.

DSC-0071.jpg

Well, I do like the colors...

that is a nice shot. . to sharp but it still can be called as an effect.

I don't like the focus... or the fact that it looks like a painting. Focus on the front of the bowl next time, and calm down on the PP. The bokeh is nice though! Just my 2 cents

I guess the problem here is... what are you trying to achieve?

If you're trying to get kind of an abstracty color and pattern shot, then there are some interesting elements here. You could have done more with that with a different setup of objects and perhaps some other angles, but it has some interest in that space.

If you're trying to accomplish something artistic other than that, then I don't see much in this shot. The subject itself is reasonably commonplace, the focus is way off, the composition of the shot is as if you just snapped a quick pic of a soup bowl, etc.

So, overall, I'd say in case 1 you are closer to your goal than you would be in case 2 by quite a bit. However, I think in either case the shot is lacking.

I still like the colors. In fact, I like the colors on the second one better... though I don't know how real the colors are. :)

hmm... i really need to think about my compositions. i have no idea what i'm trying to achieve here, the thing that's in my mind when i took this shot was "oh, it'll have a cool circles in bokeh, click!". space is limited and i can't move back or at side.
bowl being not in focus irritates me too..

real colors are the blue one.

thanks, i'll try to set a goal next time when i shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back