Bowling Green, KY??

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I applied for a job in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

One of the people I listed as a reference just called and said that they called her, and it appears that I'm at the top of the list!

I'm very excited that they are interested in me, but I'm not so sure I really want to go to Bowling Green...I'm a city boy, born and raised in the Baltimore/Washington Metro Area.

So, I ask my fellow Forumites...anyone from 'round them parts? What's it like down yonder? Will I go crazy? Is there more to do than just cow tipping and patty tossing?

Thanks as always.

I hear they make great fried chicken.

jocose said:
I'm not a big fan of chicken fried chicken...but give me some chicken fried steak and tha suasage gravey :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

(gravy ... with a -y not -ey) I can teach ya how to make it, too ... if you have a cast iron skillet! (it's all in the roux)

It'll be a shock to your system ... and theirs ;) ... but you'll enjoy the south.

(and try the grits ... with lots of butter!)

anicole said:
(gravy ... with a -y not -ey) I can teach ya how to make it, too ... if you have a cast iron skillet! (it's all in the roux)

It'll be a shock to your system ... and theirs ;) ... but you'll enjoy the south.

(and try the grits ... with lots of butter!)

dang it...I knew that gravey didn't look right (well, maybe in the dark-side forum :D ) . Thanks for letting me know...I can correct a dangling modifier or tell you where to put your colon (sorry that didn't sound right), but I haven't a clue how to spel!

I’ve been thru Bowling Green, KY but that’s it. Traveling from Mammoth Cave NP to Paducah Ky. The last time was about 10 years ago. The Corvette assembly plant is there and so is National Corvette museum.

Jeff Canes said:
I’ve been thru Bowling Green, KY but that’s it. Traveling from Mammoth Cave NP to Paducah Ky. The last time was about 10 years ago. The Corvette assembly plant is there and so is National Corvette museum.

Yup...that and Western Kentucky University seem to be the biggest claims to fame for poor Bowling Green.

Hey, sidenote, where's Hollywood, FL? Am I totally making sh*t up or is it near Jupiter? I worked at the Jupiter Theatre many years ago.

About 50 miles south of Jupiter, or just a little south of Fort Lauderdale and north of Miami

Bowling Green isn't a bad town to live in. I used to party there years ago when friends of mine were in school there. Because of the university and the Corvette plant there is a party atmosphere and in general quite a lot to do. It's an easy drive to Nashville also. And western Kentucky, Tennessee, and the Lakes District are some of the most scenic areas in that part of the country. I lived in Madisonville KY for about 13 years and kept a boat at Lake Barkley. Who's the job offer with if I may ask?

Well my mom lives in Russell Springs just a little away from Somerset. When they want to go to a nice restauraunt, they head to Bowling Green. It has been awhile since I was there, but I thought it was pretty nice. As for alot of stuff to do, well I wouldn't really think of the state of Kentucky.;)

I wonder if KY is made in Kentucky.

That'd be funny.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back