boy and a bike

saddog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
boyandoldbikeborder4wo.jpg

This is very cool...is there a story behind this? And is this a really old photo or something you set up to look old? As far as critique is concerned I think it would look better without the think border or whatever you want to call it.

I like the old looking sepia tone! but i do agree with amanda on the frame, i would have added to it by perhaps gave the edges the torn jagged look to make it look even older, i'm sure you could achieve this in ps, just a thought.

That kid looks scared - mind you, I would be if someone expected me to ride a pennyfarthing.

As the others have said, I think the framing detracts from what is a good shot.

ill second the framing issue. but as far as the toning goes, SPOT ON!!!

i love how you managed to capture the boy and the bike and tree in focus, great work!

md

No special story behind the image, a old time Strawberry festival in Maryland. People dressed in period costumes. Great strawberry ice cream and everything else you could to do strawberrys.
I was photographing the bike and the boy walked into the shot, motordrives help. Tamron 28-200 lens, kodacolor 200 iso print film. Toning in PS.
The border, I understand the comments, but I like the darker edges, acts like a tunnel bringing you into the photo. I could have feathered it a little more. It's a trick lots of portrait and wedding photographers use to center you on the subject. "eye of the beholder" kind of thing.
Thanks for the comments.

I like it but wish the tree was cropped in a bit on the right. Seems like some dead space there, might give the viewer a peering or closer look at the scene. Also that limb that flows into the boy is a bit of distraction.

woderfull! Looks like a photo taken 50 yrs ago. and honestly I like the border because it adds a few years to the photo :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back