Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 2-year-old, Leo.

1. On the indoor slide
3_4_2007_115.jpg

2. Can't we go outside?
3_4_2007_118.jpg

Very nice start.
Lovely child, #2 is very nice composition.

IMO, this image (#2) needs fill flash. The child's right side is slightly overexposed - (see the blonde hair that has no detail and the spike on the right side of the histogram below), while the rest of the face and torso is underexposed (note the dullish color and the majority of the histogram below center.)

This is typical of person against sun kind of exposures. One can't give more exposure to get more light on the left because that would blow out the right side even more. Instead underexpose a little (to get some detail back into the hair) and use the on-camera flash at a -.3 or -.6 flash compensation to light the baby's face.

blondeboyaq4.jpg

Gotta love taht blonde hair! Sheesh now I'm even learning through The Traveller through other people's posts! I love these. Very nice.,

Thanks, The_Traveler. Funny that I never think of using flash... still soured from years of horrible flash on my PAS, I think, and now I'm still so giddy about being able to get pics in low light w/o flash at all that I never use it. (Trying to find time to look into external flash, but that's another issue!)

It's also tough because like JimmyJaceyMom said in another thread recently... it's hard when you're new to critique photos of your own kid, because all you can see is how darn cute they are! :blushing:

I will have to do some flash experimentation. Thanks for the tip!

Most reactions

Back