Boy, that moon sure looks pretty!

jmtonkin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, as I was leaving my dorm room to go to Wal-Mart to buy groceries, I noticed that the moon looked rather splendid tonight. I quickly ran back to my room, grabbed my camera and then drove to the middle of nowhere. I'm quite please with how this ended up, but I would love your feedback!

8224705353_8c5f35165d_b.jpg

ISO 200
1/50sec
f/5.0
80mm

I wish I wouldn't have cropped the foreground so much when I shot this. Also, I should maybe have driven another mile down the road and stopped there, because that patch of trees is distracting to me. What are your thoughts?

Oh ya, this was a composite shot. I couldn't get a decent exposure for both, for obvious reasons, maybe? Is there another way to achieve this without using Photoshop?

I would love any C&C on this!

Thanks!

I like it! You seem to already know what you could have done to improve this, so I'll expand on what you've already said.

Lack of foreground doesn't bother me at all. I think it's quite fitting for the image as is, even if it doesn't follow the "rule" of 1/3s. The trees are kind of a black hole, sucking you in, but don't necessarily have to be eliminated. It might look better if they were positioned just a bit to the right, about as far from the edge as the moon is. That would give you some balance, in both weight and light/dark.

jowensphoto said:
The trees are kind of a black hole, sucking you in, but don't necessarily have to be eliminated. It might look better if they were positioned just a bit to the right, about as far from the edge as the moon is. That would give you some balance, in both weight and light/dark.

Well, on the plus side, since it is a composite, I can try to move the moon a little! I wasn't really how to combat the trees, so thank you for the suggestion!

I ilke the composition of the original one, but it does look a bit cut and pasted into the background with the colors together not really matching nature.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back