brain...shutting...down

haha...

so what happened to deciding we should do our homework? :lol:;)

oh...and i'm a total newbie...i just realized they have friends lists on here--you're my new friend! :hug::

yay lol, soooo what major are u?

i needed to get more tea so im on break

haha this has turned into a bit of a chat-session

English, you? And that is a big YOU...as in, anyone feel free to chime in...the more the merrier (and the more reason to procrastinate)

electrical engineer, that is if i dont screw up agian
That's what I'm planning on, too.

An english major? You want to write? Teach? Not to sound snide but what else can you do with an english major?

An english major? You want to write? Teach? Not to sound snide but what else can you do with an english major?

Wow...that's only the 8 millionth time i've heard that :er: (that's hyperbole). There are a lot of things that you can do with an English major...you named two of them in your reply. Being an English major is not like being an Economics student, or a Biology student (which I was originally) , it does not point you in the direction of one field but it gives you a lot of options. Many English majors go to law school, into publishing, library sciences, advertising, work for newspapers, or go back to school. Since you asked about my plan specifically I plan to take time off after I graduate (in 3 years with my Bachelor's in English Literature and Language, a minor in German lanugage, and focuses in Women and Minority Studies). I want to spend time away from an academic setting and write, eventually I plan to go to grad school for Library Science. And to spare questions of: "You need a Master's to be a Librarian?" and "Are there jobs for librarians?"--yes and yes.

Sorry about the ranting and length of this, but that question is a definite "button" for me. I'm very happy as an English major, and I wouldn never go back to choose a more "career directed" major. :study:

Rant is over :goodvibe:

*starts singing* what do you doooo with a BA in English?
http://www.atforumz.com/archive/index.php/t-222671.html

I'm a Comp Sci major. I like it. Doesn't give a huge range of options; my choices after college are pretty much either 1) programming job, 2)Master's degree, or 3)PhD ;-)
The good thing is I like all 3 of those options

*starts singing* what do you doooo with a BA in English?
http://www.atforumz.com/archive/index.php/t-222671.html

I'm a Comp Sci major. I like it. Doesn't give a huge range of options; my choices after college are pretty much either 1) programming job, 2)Master's degree, or 3)PhD ;-)
The good thing is I like all 3 of those options

hahaha...Avenue Q is great! Plus with that degree (my CS friends tell me...constantly) you're likely to make money!

I forgot to mention in my rant that I realize I'll most likely be poor :blushing:

Cheers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back