Branching Out - a rare C&C request

OK, why did you raise ISO to 640 when you are using a 50mm and a static subject 1/60th shutter speed is more than enough. If you are getting "motion blur" I'd venture to say 1) you need to really work on your hold or 2) it's a focus issue, not motion blur!!

Now other than that I do really like your processing. You took a standard image and made it interesting, to me. The skin and lighting looks good. Pose is ok, some images can be different, I don't find it too extreme.

Perhaps it was a focus issue, Trever. It wouldn't be out of the question to say I missed the focus on a couple of the other shots. Also, that day was sunny with clouds so every now and again, it would go from sunny bright to cloudy dark, plus we were in a tunnel, so that was why I raised my ISO as soon as we walked in. But it's also not out of the question that for that particular shot, the lighting and my settings clashed. I'll perfectly accept that my settings were not perfect for that particular shot, but it's what happened at the time, so I worked with it :)

If you wait for the clouds you would have a giant softbox in the sky to work with! :) I do like the edit :)

If you wait for the clouds you would have a giant softbox in the sky to work with! :) I do like the edit :)

Yeah, if I was outside, but this shot was taken in a tunnel so when the clouds came over it went really dark!

Glad you like the edit :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back