Brand new to the site and man do I have questions!!!!!

pasknucklehead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,,,My name is D.C. and I have just recently purchased a nikon d-40. It is my first digital, I have always used the "old work horse" pentax k1000...
I have a million questions, so here is just a few of them...
1. I have now a 55mm and 49 mm, but my 18-55 lens that came with my camera, of course it is, a 52mm. I have two step down rings so I could fit either of the polarizers on my camera...But which one is the best to use...? and why?
2. What would be the best protective lens to use on my 18-55? I have a skylight 1a, uv haze and a diffuser.
3. I am not exactly sure how to set my camera on the digital vari-program,,on or off, or do I use the p, s, a or m,,on or off...I read the manual that came with my camera, and I still don't know..What is it for?
4. How can I keep the photo that I just took on my lcd screen longer so I can view all the settings I used to create the pic.?
5. Anyone else have a d-40 that might understand the settings on the camera better than I? Hopefully:) Thanks my new friends,,and happy to have found this site...dc

I know you can change the preview time in your menu settings...that's the only one I can answer. I have a D80.
Hope I at least helped a little.

the only question I have for you is why didn't you stick with Pentax? Their digital cameras are very cool.

1. I assume you're talking about filters? I'd use the 55mm with a step-up ring because otherwise with the 49mm you might get vignetting at the wider end of the lens.

2. either the skylight or the UV.

3. Get "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson which is a great book

4. Yeah there's an image review or LCD screen timeout setting. I think the max you can set is like 10 seconds.

5. Yeah there's lots of folks here to help you out. Start with some of the above stuff and especially that book and you'll learn fast. :)

the only question I have for you is why didn't you stick with Pentax? Their digital cameras are very cool.
My first choice was to get the pentax k100d, but where I live there wasn't anyplace that carried one..And that was the only price range I could do...I have all the pentax lens and stuff and I just finally ended up with the nikon...I really like the camera, but man, I need to do some learning...thanks for the reply...dc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back