Brand new website C&C please!

Looks good Janine. You have "real" prices. You're clearly aiming higher than the lowest common denominator!

Website looks nice and most of the images seem nice as well.

BTW, I might consider changing that "milk coma" thing. I totally get the colloquialism, but somehow the idea of putting in black and white that a baby goes into a coma strikes me as a bit disconcerting.

Website looks very good, like the images and also the fact that you are listing real prices is nice.

Derrel said:
Looks good Janine. You have "real" prices. You're clearly aiming higher than the lowest common denominator!

Thanks! What do you mean by that? English is not my first language...

JTB said:
Website looks very good, like the images and also the fact that you are listing real prices is nice.

Is it? I know a lot of photographers that won't show any pricing or just a session fee, which can be confusing. I am not sure if a full pricelist is good or not??

Janine, can't answer your question about pricing.

You asked for feedback on the site. One thought, it feels very "petite" even on my 15" work laptop. At home, on my 24" monitor, I'm guessing it would not use the space of the browser window very well. This style is the "mini-cooper" of the website world. Maybe it's bordering on a little too small. A lot of photography websites I've seen that are done really well are presented to maximize the space of the browser window. I don't know quite how it's done, but it's pretty effective.

Rotanimod said:

You asked for feedback on the site. One thought, it feels very "petite" even on my 15" work laptop. At home, on my 24" monitor, I'm guessing it would not use the space of the browser window very well. This style is the "mini-cooper" of the website world. Maybe it's bordering on a little too small. A lot of photography websites I've seen that are done really well are presented to maximize the space of the browser window. I don't know quite how it's done, but it's pretty effective.

It fills my screen on the laptop as well as my big computer screen. Not too sure what you mean with petite. Its meant to fit on the screen so you dont have to scroll... So if you would like at it on your 24" monitor everything would apear bigger...

Rotanimod said:

It fills my screen on the laptop as well as my big computer screen. Not too sure what you mean with petite. Its meant to fit on the screen so you dont have to scroll... So if you would like at it on your 24" monitor everything would apear bigger...

I will when I get get home, sounds like my guess about it appearing small at home was wrong!

I am building a photography website. Thank you for sharing yours, it is impressive. I too like the pricing listed.

Hey Janineh

I am looking to build my website, I do have one now through wix.com but they do not offer what I want. I am looking for a site that will allow my clients to look at there gallery and purchase prints through a printing lab and have it allow me create my prices. I am not sure what most photographers do but this seems like a fair request. Does the site you use allow this? and who do you use?

sactown024 said:
Hey Janineh

I am looking to build my website, I do have one now through wix.com but they do not offer what I want. I am looking for a site that will allow my clients to look at there gallery and purchase prints through a printing lab and have it allow me create my prices. I am not sure what most photographers do but this seems like a fair request. Does the site you use allow this? and who do you use?

I am with creativemotiondesign and I think they do offer this. However I do not sell my prints as such. I have packages a client books upfront. I have a client gallery linked to smugmug just for private online galleries locked with a passwords. So thats on option too. You can link to smugmug...

janineh said:
I am with creativemotiondesign and I think they do offer this. However I do not sell my prints as such. I have packages a client books upfront. I have a client gallery linked to smugmug just for private online galleries locked with a passwords. So thats on option too. You can link to smugmug...

Even if you stay with wix!

Most reactions

Back